Chickpeas with EelKooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Chickpeas with Eel. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 400 grams chickpeas
- 100 grams smoked eel (dried)
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 onions
- 1 leeks
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 quail eggs
- 1 piece bread
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas and eel overnight in separate bowls of water.
- 2Heat chickpeas, leek, onion, and bay leaf in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- 3For the traditional cooking method, simmer the chickpeas for two hours.
- 4For the pressure cooker method, cook the chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- 5Tip: the traditional way tastes better and allows more control over doneness.
- 6Drain eel and chop.
- 7When chickpeas are cooked, remove onion and leek, add chopped eel and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- 8Heat oil in a small saucepan and fry a slice of bread in oil.
- 9Grind fried bread with the leek and onion.
- 10Mix the bread mixture with chickpeas.
- 11Boil quail eggs.
- 12When the chickpeas are done, stir in spinach and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- 13To serve, garnish each plate with a quail egg.