Make these utterly delicious nibbles for your next cocktail party, when you want to offer something that's beyond the norm. These Spanish style sausage balls are made with chickpeas, cumin, and parsley, and you can use the Thermomix to prepare the chickpea mixture, though you'll need to fry the sausage meat first and the balls themselves after in a skillet. Coating the sausage balls in whisked egg and then breadcrumbs ensures they develop a delectable crisp and golden brown crust.
- 400 grams sausage (skin removed)
- 130 grams onion
- parsley (to taste)
- 30 grams olive oil
- 300 grams chickpeas (cooked and drained)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- ground cumin (to taste)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- bread crumbs (to taste)
- In a nonstick frying pan, brown the sausage until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the Thermomix cup, add the onion, parsley and olive oil. Set to 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Then saute by setting to 5 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
- Add the chickpeas and grind by setting to 6 seconds/speed 7.
- Add the sausage, salt, pepper and cumin and mix for 6 seconds/speed 4.
- Next, set to 10 minutes/212°F/speed 2.
- Remove and refrigerate to cool.
- Wet hands and shape mixture into small balls. Coat with the whisked egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a skillet and fry until golden.