A terrine is a traditional French dish similar to a patê, but with more coarsely chopped ingredients. This recipe for terrine is made with chickpeas for a vegetarian friendly option. Chickpea puree is mixed with bread crumbs, tomatoes, eggs, and spices to form a meatloaf like mixture. Pressed into a baking dish, cook time for this Chickpea Terrine is 30 minutes. This is a dish best served cold the day after baking for maximum flavor.
- 400 grams chickpeas (cooked)
- 150 grams breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes (drained and diced)
- 2 tablespoons french fried onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (diced)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Drain the chickpeas and heat them up in the microwave.
- Then, with a fork, lightly mash them to the point where the majority are still whole.
- Add the breadcrumbs, garlic, tomatoes, onions, cumin, sesame seeds, cilantro, and eggs to the same bowl and mix with your hands until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer into the baking pan again, using your knuckles to make sure the mixture is compact and level.
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm. Best when eaten the next day cold.
|Calories310Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.