Chickpea Flour BreadLe ricette di Micol
There is just something about homemade bread that makes it taste so much better than anything store bought. Perhaps it is the extra love kneaded into it. Made with a mixture of chickpea and all-purpose flour, this Chickpea Flour Bread has lovely light herb flavor due to the addition of fresh rosemary making it the perfect bread to serve alongside dinner. A yeasted dough, these bread rolls will need time to rise throughout the preparation process, pay close attention to the recipe instructions.
- 420 grams flour
- 100 grams chickpea flour
- 1/2 cube brewer's yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 350 milliliters water
- 10 grams fine salt
- 6 grams sugar
- rosemary (as needed)
- coarse salt
- 1Dissolve the yeast with the sugar in some of the warm water.
- 2Combine the two types of flour with the oil and the yeast dissolved in the water.
- 3Add the remaining water gradually and knead until the dough is smooth and uniform in consistency, for approximately 10 minutes.
- 4Add the salt halfway through the kneading process.
- 5Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm area for at least 2 hours.
- 6When the dough has risen, cut it into pieces and shape the pieces into rolls, place the rolls on a wax paper lined baking sheet, brush them with oil, sprinkle with rosemary and a pinch of coarse salt.
- 7Let the rolls rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- 8Bake the rolls at 200C for approximately 25 minutes.
- 9Remove the rolls from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.