There is just something about homemade bread that makes it taste so much better than anything store bought. Perhaps it is the extra love kneaded into it. Made with a mixture of chickpea and all-purpose flour, this Chickpea Flour Bread has lovely light herb flavor due to the addition of fresh rosemary making it the perfect bread to serve alongside dinner. A yeasted dough, these bread rolls will need time to rise throughout the preparation process, pay close attention to the recipe instructions.
- 420 grams flour
- 100 grams chickpea flour
- 1/2 cube brewer's yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 350 milliliters water
- 10 grams fine salt
- 6 grams sugar
- rosemary (as needed)
- coarse salt
- Dissolve the yeast with the sugar in some of the warm water.
- Combine the two types of flour with the oil and the yeast dissolved in the water.
- Add the remaining water gradually and knead until the dough is smooth and uniform in consistency, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the salt halfway through the kneading process.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm area for at least 2 hours.
- When the dough has risen, cut it into pieces and shape the pieces into rolls, place the rolls on a wax paper lined baking sheet, brush them with oil, sprinkle with rosemary and a pinch of coarse salt.
- Let the rolls rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls at 200C for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.