- 16 ounces chickpeas (can of, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed or diced)
- 1First, place the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash until they’re mostly broken up.
- 2Next, toss in all the remaining ingredients and mix with clean hands. *The gluten will form everything into a solid dough that is stringy when stretched apart.
- 3Then, divide out and form 8 cutlets into patties.
- 4Pour a little olive oil in a large frying pan and cook for around 5 minutes on each side - or until brown and crispy.
- 5Serve with roasted vegetables and potatoes, green beans, tomatoes or risotta.