- 3/4 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic (bruised)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/3 cup orzo pasta
- 6 ounces asparagus spears (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 roast chicken (skin and bones removed, meat shredded, warmed)
- Cover porcini with boiling water in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 mins.
- Place the garlic, thyme and peppercorns in an 8-inch square of cheesecloth. Tie with twine. Place in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water on high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 mins.
- Strain the porcini and reserve the soaking liquid. Coarsely chop the porcini and add to the broth with the pasta and strained soaking liquid. Boil on medium-high heat for 5 mins.
- Stir in the asparagus and cook for 3 mins, or until pasta is al dente. Remove cheesecloth bag. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with warm shredded chicken.