Brighten up your next family gathering withy this thick, juicy, slices of chicken breast rolled with pesto and sundried tomatoes. In less than an hour you can have a perfectly succulent dish. Salty surprises, curtesy of the ham and mozzarella cheese, transformation the chicken meet. Not only do the peanuts serve a crunchy textural component, but they bring a nutty savory flavor to an otherwise salty and acidic meal. Top the chicken roll with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese for a Mediterranean flair.
- 600 grams chicken breast
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 60 grams grated parmesan
- 60 grams pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes
- 2 mozzarella (balls of)
- 16 slices smoked ham
- Cut the chicken into thin slices, season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté in a tablespoon of olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Set aside on paper towels.
- Toast the pine nuts for 5 minutes in a pan, let cool.
- Mix basil, parmesan, pine nuts, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix one tablespoon of this pesto with the remaining olive oil and vinegar, set aside until serving.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes and cut into strips .
- Slice the mozzarella cheese.
- Line flexible tartlett molds with ham, letting it stick out.
- Alternate layers of mozzarella; pesto, chicken and tomatoes.
- Repeat a 2nd layer; fold the ham over the filling.
- Lightly pack with the back of a spoon.
- Place a baking sheet with weights over the tartletts and let cool for 24 hours.
- Serve with the vinegar pesto and a salad.
|Calories580Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.