- 1/2 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (each about 150g)
- 250 grams macaroni
- 200 grams carrots (peeled and cut into 0.5cm thick slices)
- 3 slices wholemeal bread (cut into cubes)
- 100 grams yogurt (full-fat)
- 1 teaspoon salad cream
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 45 grams parmesan (30g grated, 15g shaved)
- 1 romaine lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- In a bowl, mix together the chile pepper, paprika, half the garlic and 2 tbsp oil. Add the chicken and let marinate for 30 mins. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook for 2 mins, stirring often. Add 1/3 cup water and season with salt. Cover and cook for 6 mins until just tender. Drain well, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and cook for 3 mins until lightly toasted, stirring often. Remove and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade, and blot with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 7-8 mins per side until cooked through. Remove and let rest for 5 mins, then cut into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, grated Parmesan, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, lemon juice and remaining garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, carrots, chicken and lettuce. Add the yogurt dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle over the croutons, garnish with the basil and Parmesan shavings and serve.