- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 pinch paprika
- 500 grams carrots (peeled, quartered lengthways and sliced)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1 chilli pepper (seeded and cut into fine rings)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 250 grams long grain rice
- 500 grams chopped tomatoes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 300 grams frozen green peas
- 150 grams black olives (sliced)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt, pepper and paprika and put them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for about 45 mins.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and cook the onion, garlic and chili for 5 mins. Add the carrots after about 3 mins. Stir in the tomato paste and rice and add the tomatoes and stock. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 25 mins, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes before the end of cooking the rice add the peas and olives. Season with cayenne pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve the chicken and rice, sprinkled with parsley.