There's no better way to describe this one-pan meal other than by saying it is as easy and plainly delicious as it looks. What's particularly great about the recipe is that it calls for just one pan and takes about a half hour from start to finish, so you can make it for dinner any night of the week. Here the chicken mixture is served alongside spaghetti, but it would also match up nicely with cooked rice, polenta, or even mashed potatoes.
- olive oil
- 1/2 onions (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 chicken (chopped)
- 9 mushrooms (laminated natural)
- 100 milliliters milk
- In a pan, heat a little olive oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the sliced pepper and continue cooking.
- Spread pieces of chicken evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt.
- Cover with the sliced mushrooms and cover the pan.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes. Add milk, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and serve with spaghetti.