Chicken with PumpkinLolibox
Ready in under 60 minutes. Quick, simple, and full of flavor! Savory pumpkin deeps the flavor of this chicken dish that pairs with the bitter shallots and garlic cloves. Dry white wine cooks off leaving a crispy sauce for the spices and herbs to infuse. The incorporation of spring tarragon and nutmeg keeps the play of spices fresh and enticing to the senses. It’s the perfect winter night chicken dinner.
- 1 chicken
- 2 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400 grams pumpkin
- cooking oil
- 1 deciliter dry white wine (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1Cut the chicken into pieces
- 2Peel and chop the shallot and garlic.
- 3Dice the pumpkin.
- 4In a large frying pan, heat a little oil, add the pumpkin and brown.
- 5Remove the pumpkin from the pan and set aside.
- 6In the same pan, brown the chicken with a little water.
- 7Add garlic and shallot.
- 8Mix constantly, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- 9Add the wine and reduce the sauce on high heat for a few moments.
- 10Lower heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cover and cook for 40 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 12After 40 minutes, add the pumpkin and tarragon.
- 13Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 14Mix gently and cook for 10 minutes.
- 15Serve hot.