Ready in under 60 minutes. Quick, simple, and full of flavor! Savory pumpkin deeps the flavor of this chicken dish that pairs with the bitter shallots and garlic cloves. Dry white wine cooks off leaving a crispy sauce for the spices and herbs to infuse. The incorporation of spring tarragon and nutmeg keeps the play of spices fresh and enticing to the senses. It’s the perfect winter night chicken dinner.
- 1 chicken
- 2 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400 grams pumpkin
- cooking oil
- 1 deciliter dry white wine (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- nutmeg (to taste)
- Cut the chicken into pieces
- Peel and chop the shallot and garlic.
- Dice the pumpkin.
- In a large frying pan, heat a little oil, add the pumpkin and brown.
- Remove the pumpkin from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the chicken with a little water.
- Add garlic and shallot.
- Mix constantly, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the wine and reduce the sauce on high heat for a few moments.
- Lower heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After 40 minutes, add the pumpkin and tarragon.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Mix gently and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.