Chicken is what’s for dinner. Now the question becomes how are you going to make it amazing. This Chicken with Lemon and Warm Bulgur Salad with Thyme is delicious and the aromatic spices are sensational. It takes 80 minutes to prepare this perfect d…
nner for four. This recipe combines aromatic herbs with sweet lemons and pumpkin to create a flavorful dinner that everyone will enjoy. This is a decadent dinner.
- 1 free-range chicken
- 2 lemons (organic)
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- olive oil
- 300 grams bulgur wheat
- 20 grams pumpkin seeds (salted)
- 1/2 cucumber
- Preheat oven to 210 Celsius.
- Put the chicken in a baking pan.
- Remove the skin just from the thighs (this will save 10 minutes of cooking time).
- Put 3/4 of the thyme and rosemary sprigs, and a lemon (pierced with a fork), inside the chicken .
- Sprinkle the chicken with 2 tablespoons of oil mixed with the juice of half a lemon.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining thyme and rosemary.
- Bake for 1 hour 15, basting the chicken regularly.
- Cook bulgur wheat in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Wash and cut the unpeeled cucumber into small pieces.
- Chop the mint.
- In a bowl pour the drained bulgur, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon zest, and the juice of half a lemon.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and the cucumber.
- Salt. Stir. When bulgur is warm, add the chopped mint and serve with the chicken.
|Calories1080Calories from Fat570|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat570|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.