Sweet, savory chicken begs to be served over polenta. Lightly crunchy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside. A side of greens or vegetables make this a dining experience to remember.
- 12 dried figs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 chicken (large, cut into pieces or 6 chicken thighs)
- champagne (20 cl., you may replace it with white wine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- orange juice (10 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 18 dates
- 200 grams instant polenta
- 1.5 deciliters milk
- 50 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place the figs in a bowl and cover them with cold water for 15 minutes, then drain them.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Remove them from heat and set aside.
- Discard fat drippings, pour the champagne, let it reduce over high heat.
- Add honey, orange and lemon juice, salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken pieces back into the skillet, flip them so they are well coated with the sauce and let them simmer for 40 minutes, covered (make sure there is enough liquid in the pan to cook the pieces, if not, add a little chicken broth).
- Add dates and figs, and cook for 10 minutes stirring until the sauce has coated the chicken well.
- (If you prepare it in advance do not reduce the sauce to much so it may be reheated)
- Prepare the polenta by boiling the milk with salt to taste.
- Add the polenta and cook stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and remove from heat, stirring until creamy.
- Serve chicken pieces with polenta and dried fruit. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
|Calories430Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.