Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Honey and Mustard SauceReceitas Da Felicidade!
Chicken is a perfect base to try something new. It is a versatile meat that can carry a sweet, savory, spicy or creamy base without losing its integrity. This Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Honey and Mustard Sauce is a decadent dish that combines the sweetness of honey, lemon juice, pineapple juice, and pineapple slices with the savory and tartness of mustard and ground black pepper. Serve it over rice and it is a perfect meal.
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- salt (as needed)
- ground black pepper (as needed)
- chicken breasts (as needed)
- lemon juice (as needed)
- bread crumbs (as needed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- pineapple slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- white rice (cooked)
- 1In a bowl, mix the cornstarch, mustard, honey, pineapple juice, salt and pepper.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Season the chicken breasts with salt and lemon juice, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a skillet, and saute the breasts on both sides.
- 5Remove, and set aside.
- 6Brown the pineapple slices in olive oil in the skillet.
- 7Put the chicken back, pour the chicken broth on top, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the meat is soft.
- 8After that period, remove the meat and slices of pineapple from the pan, and place them on a serving plate.
- 9Simmer honey and mustard sauce in frying pan, stirring constantly. Check the seasoning, and pour on the chicken.
- 10Serve with white rice, and a salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.