Chicken with Black Beer and Hasselback PotatoesHoje para Jantar
- 1 chicken
- 12 medium potatoes
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 onions (small, chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 beer (black)
- 1 chicken stock cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Preheat oven to 410 F.
- 2Cut the chicken in pieces and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- 3Wash the potatoes.
- 4Use a sharp knife to make a series of cuts width-wise in the potatoes.
- 5Do not cut all the way through.
- 6The cuts should be about 3/4 of the way through the potatoes.
- 7Place the potatoes in a roasting pan.
- 8Start with the sliced facing down.
- 9Add the slices of butter on top of the potatoes.
- 10Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 40 minutes.
- 11Turn the potatoes over after 20 minutes.
- 12Occasionally baste with the butter.
- 13In a large skillet, saute the chicken in olive oil until both sides are browned.
- 14Add onion and garlic and let it cook.
- 15Add the peeled and seeded tomatoes, beer, bouillon cube, and bay leaf.
- 16Cook until the chicken is tender.
- 17Drizzle with a little water if the chicken starts to dry out.
- 18Serve with the potatoes and a salad.