- 1 chicken
- 12 medium potatoes
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 beer (black)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 410 F.
- Cut the chicken in pieces and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Wash the potatoes.
- Use a sharp knife to make a series of cuts width-wise in the potatoes.
- Do not cut all the way through.
- The cuts should be about 3/4 of the way through the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting pan.
- Start with the sliced facing down.
- Add the slices of butter on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over after 20 minutes.
- Occasionally baste with the butter.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in olive oil until both sides are browned.
- Add onion and garlic and let it cook.
- Add the peeled and seeded tomatoes, beer, bouillon cube, and bay leaf.
- Cook until the chicken is tender.
- Drizzle with a little water if the chicken starts to dry out.
- Serve with the potatoes and a salad.