Classic beef sirloin is a popular meal that can be served with the vegetable cream sauce and dumplings of white flour. We have made it healthier and prepared a sauce from our patty pan squash harvest with milk. Moreover, we made Carlsbad dumplings o…
graham rolls, and chicken breast slices replaced the beef. Such food in a healthier way not only competes with the classic recipe, but also offers a colorful garden flavor to saturate the eyes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 3 carrots (sliced into rings)
- 1/2 cup celery root (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley root (chopped)
- 1 patty pan squash (medium, cut into 3 cm cubes)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper (ground)
- nutmeg (A pinch of crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from bio lemon)
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 400 milliliters whole milk
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 baguette (long, white)
- 1 baguette (long, graham)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (chicken, or Vegeta without glutamate)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh and chopped)
- 8 tablespoons red currants (canned, or cranberries)
- Fry the onion on oil, add chopped vegetables, sauté briefly. Then add the sliced meat, sauté, add pepper, bay leaf, salt, and cooked covered until tender.
- Take out the cooked meat along with bay leaf, blend soft vegetable with a hand blender, then add milk, lemon zest, and mustard. Boil the sauce for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings: Cut the rolls into slices, half of them still on the quarters (dumplings will have a nicer texture), mix in the fried onion. Add milk, beaten egg yolks, spices, and finely chopped herbs. Finally, whisk egg whites to firm snow and stir in the mixture. If necessary, add milk. Shape 2-3 dumpling ovals, and cook on the steam for about 40 minutes or until firm consistency.
- Serve with the meat, sauce, and garnish.
|Calories570Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.