- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (or packaged mozzarella cheese about 12 oz.)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 2 jars ragu old world style tomato & mozzarella pasta sauc
- pasta (hot cooked)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon olive oil into 17 x 12-inch roasting pan, then arrange chicken in single layer. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Bake 10 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 jar (about 3 cups) Pasta Sauce over chicken and continue baking an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Top chicken with cheese, then bake an additional 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil. Serve remaining Pasta Sauce, heated, over hot pasta.