Chicken in a BagAs receitas lá de casa
Using a large resealable plastic bag is a convenient way to coat chicken pieces with the batter evenly and neatly. First the chicken is dipped in beaten eggs, but rather than being dredged through the breadcrumbs, here the breadcrumbs are mixed with cheese and other seasonings in the bag and a few pieces of chicken at a time are added to the bag and shaken to coat. And rather than being fried, the chicken is baked until golden brown and crispy.
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken (skin removed and chopped)
- 200 grams bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- 2Whisk eggs in a dish.
- 3Coat small chicken pieces in eggs and set egg aside.
- 4Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika and salt in plastic bag.
- 5Shake the bag to mix well. Put the chicken pieces in the bag, one by one (or two at a time), close and shake well until all pieces are well-coated with mixture.
- 6Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and spread chicken pieces evenly on baking sheet.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with rice and a salad.