Using a large resealable plastic bag is a convenient way to coat chicken pieces with the batter evenly and neatly. First the chicken is dipped in beaten eggs, but rather than being dredged through the breadcrumbs, here the breadcrumbs are mixed with cheese and other seasonings in the bag and a few pieces of chicken at a time are added to the bag and shaken to coat. And rather than being fried, the chicken is baked until golden brown and crispy.
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken (skin removed and chopped)
- 200 grams breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- Whisk eggs in a dish.
- Coat small chicken pieces in eggs and set egg aside.
- Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika and salt in plastic bag.
- Shake the bag to mix well. Put the chicken pieces in the bag, one by one (or two at a time), close and shake well until all pieces are well-coated with mixture.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and spread chicken pieces evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with rice and a salad.