If you are short on time but want to make something amazing, then try this recipe for Chicken in Indian Almond Spice Sauce. It is flavorful, aromatic, and decadent. Your family will run to the kitchen with all the wonderful aromas brewing. Make sure to add these ingredients to your next grocery shopping list so you can surprise your family with your culinary skills. They will love you for it.
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- olive oil
- 500 grams boneless chicken breast (skinless)
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Indian spice (mixture:)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until transparent on medium heat, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind the nuts until powdered in the blender, and mix them with the spices.
- Cut the chicken into cubes, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan, mixing in with the onion, until slightly cooked, approximately 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the spice mix to the pan, and mix until covering the chicken evenly.
- Add the cream, bay leaf, brown sugar, and bouillon. Let cook for 10 or 15 minutes, covering the pan, until the chicken is cooked, but still tender. Add more salt and black pepper to taste, if needed.
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.