- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (cut into 1/8” slices against the grain*)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced then chopped into 2” pieces)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced (then chopped into 2” pieces)
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk (I like Chaokoh)
- 1 cup salsa verde (mild, I like Herdez in the jar)
- 1 cup mango (roughly chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded, deveined)
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sriracha (/Asian hot chili sauce to taste, optional)
|Calories380Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rachael S. 31 Jul 2017
Really good! Might need some more spice, though.
Jen R. 2 Jun 2017
Delicious, the only modification I did was I added 2 big mangoes.
Andrew Spence 18 Jun 2016
This recipe was great. I modified it to suite my requirements. I am chef at a community center for homeless and socially challenged people. The guest list was 25 people plus 3 take-outs. Changed chicken to drumsticks, used Mango pulp and finally added pineapple tidbits at the end. Used a blender to combine Mango, heavy coconut milk, spices. Marinated chicken over night. Baked for 1 hour covered then separated chicken from sauce for final hour. Boiled sauce, added sliced onions then added Tapioca starch to thicken in the last 5 minutes. Apparently I hit a "Grand Slam"