- 8 ounces bacon (cut into strips crosswise)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (1" dice)
- 1 onion (small dice)
- 2 celery stalks (small dice)
- 1 red bell pepper (small dice)
- 12 ounces red potatoes (small dice)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds frozen corn (or fresh)
- 3 cups chicken stock (+ more as needed)
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- sea salt (to taste)
Mel G. 28 Jan
really great i would make it again
deb w. 23 Jan
Great! Yum! Added more celery and some sliced carrot! Would make again🤗
Darick 28 Nov 2018
The chowder turned out great. I only used two cups of half and half to make it thicker. The taste and consistency was great.
Jenny Lines 2 Jan 2018
Fantastic and easy to make! Everyone love it!
Alaina Greenhouse 14 Jun 2017
I LOVE this recipe. It's a family favorite for sure.
Michelle w. 11 Nov 2016
very good! i didn't have half and half, so used milk and sour cream, also added spinach and curry seasoning. yummy so i cannot really vouch for the original recipe, but imagine it would be great.
jamie m. 15 Feb 2016
This turned out great!! Will be making it again and did not modify anything from this recipe . A must