- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 ounces prosciutto (diced)
- 2/3 cup cooking wine (Marsala)
- 7 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 box pasta shells (large, or 10-12 cannelloni tubes)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 jar cream sauce (Bertolli makes a great)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms, and cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and prosciutto and cook, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes or until browned all over.
- Stir in the Marsala, tomatoes and their can juices, basil, and tomato paste, and cook for 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and mixture becomes thick.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, return to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and let dry. (You may want to add a few drops of olive oil to keep from sticking)
- Using a spoon, fill the shells or cannelloni tubes with the chicken and mushroom mixture. Place in a 9x13 glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the tomato cream or vodka sauce over them to cover completely and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.