Chicken and Vegetables QuicheAs receitas lá de casa
This chicken and vegetable quiche with a puff pastry crust is a great way to use up leftover chicken from the night before. The addition of sausage adds a savory warm flavor. The use of natural yogurt in the egg mixture creates a light and fluffy texture. A food processor eases the tediousness of chopping all the vegetables. Make your own puff pastry or purchase it premade.
- 1 puff pastry (round base)
- 2 natural yogurts
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 chicken (shredded)
- 2 sausages (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrots (large)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 leeks (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 75 grams mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
- 2Spread the dough in a pie pan, and prick the bottom with a fork. Set aside.
- 3In the food processor, chop the carrot, onion, and garlic cloves.
- 4Shred the chicken, remove skin and fat.
- 5Heat a pan with a few drops of olive oil. Add shredded chicken and sausage, and simmer over low heat. Add corn and leek, mix. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally. Adjust the seasoning with salt and a little paprika.
- 6In a bowl, whisk the yogurt and eggs, seasoned with a little salt and garlic powder.
- 7Remove the filling from the heat. and spread evenly over the dough. Cover with the egg and yogurt mixture, and tip the pan to spread evenly.
- 8Sprinkle with plenty of mozzarella cheese, and bake until golden.
- 9Serve hot, warm, or cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories840Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.