- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (cut in 1/2 horizontally)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes (sliced)
- 6 spring onions (trimmed and sliced lengthways)
- 2/3 cup carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2/3 cup celeriac (peeled and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a baking dish with butter. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and sauté for 7 mins, turning. Season then remove from the pan. Add the sweet potatoes and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the spring onion, carrot, celeriac and garlic to the pan and sauté for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes and sugar and season then leave to simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour then gradually whisk in the milk and stock. Simmer for 4-5 mins, stirring until thickened. Mix in the nutmeg and season. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Layer 1/2 the potato slices in the baking dish then arrange 1/2 the vegetables on top and cover with 1/2 the sauce. Add the remaining vegetables followed by the chicken then top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the entire dish then bake for 40 mins. Garnish with basil leaves then serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.