- 900 grams potatoes
- 350 milliliters milk
- 50 grams butter
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- leftover meat
- chicken sausage
- 1/2 smoked sausage
- salt (to taste)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon water
- Peel potatoes and cook in plenty of boiling, salted water until knife-tender.
- Drain potatoes and puree.
- Add warm milk and butter.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme.
- Shred chicken and cut chicken sausages into slices.
- Add to pan and mix well.
- Season to taste. In a rectangular baking dish, add a layer of mashed potatoes, a layer of chicken and chicken sausages and a final layer of mashed potatoes.
- Beat egg yolk with water and brush surface.
- Cut smoked sausage in slices.
- Garnish with sausage slices.
- Bake in preheated oven until surface is golden.