Chicken and Roasted Broccoli Salad With Goat CheeseFOODISTA
- 1 inch broccoli (large head of, about 1 ¾ lbs, cut into 1- 2 florets)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced thinly)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (a couple of)
- dried oregano
- 1/2 juice (from a lemon, about 2 T, plus additional lemon wedges for garnish)
- 2 cups chicken (cooked, shredded)
- 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees and place a sturdy baking sheet on the lowest rack. Place broccoli florets and peppers slices in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Working quickly, remove baking sheet from the oven and spread broccoli and peppers into an even layer, placing the florets cut-side down when possible. Return to bottom rack of the oven and roast 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through and there are caramelized spots scattered throughout. Be sure not to cook until the tips of the florets turn black.
- Heat 2 T olive oil, sliced garlic, and pepper flakes in a small skillet over med-low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is soft and begins to turn golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken-garlic mixture from heat; stir in oregano and lemon juice.
- Toss roasted vegetables with the chicken-garlic mixture and an additional 2 T of olive oil in a large salad bowl. Gently fold in the goat cheese crumbles and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
|Calories530Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.