This recipe comes together in less than an hour for a filling and delicious meal. Dark meat chicken is used here to ensure that it stays super moist throughout the cooking process. Fluffy rice is studded with a variety of vegetables such as carrots, onions, and tomatoes. This dish is super simple to make and the best thing about it is that it all comes together in one pan for easy clean-up.
- 8 chicken legs
- sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 leeks (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 carrots (cut into cubes)
- 75 grams tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ground black pepper
- fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Remove the skin from the chicken legs, and remove the tendon near the end. Season with sea salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the wok, and add the chicken legs.
- Cook the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the wok.
- Add the leek, garlic, onion, and carrot.
- Cook until the onion is tender. Add the chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, and thyme, and cook a for little longer.
- Add the rice and saute. Cool off with the wine, and cook for a few minutes over low heat until the wine evaporates, and the rice is dry.
- Immediately add the hot vegetable broth, so the rice doesn't stop cooking. Season with pepper and check the salt.
- Cook the rice for 5 more minutes, and then add the chicken.
- Cover, and cook until the rice is cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1120Calories from Fat560|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat560|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.