Eggs have long been a great way to stretch the components of a meal, and this recipe is in that spirit. First chicken breasts are sauteed with minced garlic, olive oil, and chopped cilantro until browned and cooked through. Then shoestring potatoes (from a package) are added and cooked until tender. Finally the beaten eggs are added and cooked until set, for an easy omelet. Serve with a simple green salad for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- cilantro (chopped)
- 1 package potatoes (shoestring)
- 5 eggs
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté garlic.
- Add cilantro and cook briefly.
- When garlic starts to brown, add chicken to pan.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- Beat eggs and add to pan.
- Stir and cook until eggs are done.