Chicken and PotatoesAs receitas lá de casa
Eggs have long been a great way to stretch the components of a meal, and this recipe is in that spirit. First chicken breasts are sauteed with minced garlic, olive oil, and chopped cilantro until browned and cooked through. Then shoestring potatoes (from a package) are added and cooked until tender. Finally the beaten eggs are added and cooked until set, for an easy omelet. Serve with a simple green salad for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- cilantro (chopped)
- 1 package potatoes (shoestring)
- 5 eggs
- 1Cut chicken breasts into small pieces.
- 2Mince garlic cloves.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté garlic.
- 4Add cilantro and cook briefly.
- 5When garlic starts to brown, add chicken to pan.
- 6Cover and cook until chicken is done.
- 7Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- 8Beat eggs and add to pan.
- 9Stir and cook until eggs are done.