- 4 Foster Farms chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon (cut into ¼” pieces)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 1/4 cup shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 cup porcini mushrooms (such as porcini or chanterelle, chopped)
- 1/2 cup riesling (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In shallow dish, combine flour, one teaspoon salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Dredge chicken thighs in flour mixture and set aside.
- In large Dutch oven over medium high heat, saute bacon pieces, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Add onions and shallots and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add one quarter cup wine and stir, scraping the bottom of pot to deglaze. Remove mushroom mixture from pot to a plate a set aside.
- Heat Dutch oven to high and add butter to melt. Add chicken to pot; reduce heat to medium high. Cook chicken on one side for 4 minutes; turn and cook for additional 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining one quarter cup wine to pot; scrape bottom to deglaze. Add rice, chicken broth, reserved bacon and mushroom mixture, parsley, thyme, rosemary, remaining salt and white pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture. Turn heat to high, cover with lid and cook until moisture is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
|Calories1020Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.