Chicken and Mushroom PieCasseroles et claviers
Puff pastry acts as the base for this filling savory pie. Tender chicken is paired with mushrooms, parsley, garlic, and shallots which all add their unique and bold flavors to this pie. An egg custard binds all of these ingredients together to create a dish that is equally delicious at brunch as it is paired with a salad for lunch or dinner. Breadcrumbs on the base of the dough prevent sogginess, an easy trick you can use again and again.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 cups dried mushrooms (trumpets, chanterelles, or porcini mushrooms)
- 400 grams mushrooms (fresh Paris)
- olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 shallots (minced)
- 1 jar cream (thick)
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolks
- 1Cook the chicken thighs in a pan. Cool and remove the skin. Remove the meat from the bone, and cut it into pieces. Set aside.
- 2Rehydrate the dried mushrooms in a bowl of warm water.
- 3Clean the Paris mushrooms and cut them in quarters. Saute in a pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil until released mushroom liquid evaporates. Add parsley, garlic, shallot, and cream. Stir and cook on low heat for about one minute.
- 4Drain and chop the rehydrated mushrooms. Add them to the pan and cook for another minute.
- 5Remove from heat and add the chicken and two whole whisked eggs.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Spread a circle of dough in a pie pan. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the dough.
- 9Pour the mushroom mixture over the dough, then cover with a second circle of puff pastry. Seal the edges well. Make a small hole in the center of the pie to let steam out. Brush the top with egg yolk diluted in a little water. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1030Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.