- 2 chicken drumsticks (skin-on)
- 1 chicken breast (on the bone, skin-on)
- 1/2 pound carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 pound leek (sliced)
- 1/2 pound celeriac (peeled and chopped)
- 2 onions (peeled and halved)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 ounce flat leaf parsley leaves (fresh, stripped from stems and discarded)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 5 tablespoons semolina
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/3 pound macaroni
- 1/2 pound frozen peas
- 5 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes (cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 lemon (zested)
- Place the chicken, carrot, leeks, celeriac, onions, bay leaves, salt, peppercorns, cloves and parsley stems in a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven. Add around 8 cups water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour 30 mins, skimming occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan then whisk in the egg. Add a pinch of nutmeg and season. Add the semolina and cheese, stir then allow to absorb the water for 10 mins. Using 2 medium-sized spoons, form into small dumplings. Cook in boiling salted water for 15 mins. Drain.
- To finish, remove the chicken from the stock, remove the bones and skin and cut into pieces. Set aside. Strain the stock into a clean pot and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Add the chicken, peas, spring onions and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer for 3 mins. Stir in the sun-dried tomato pesto and lemon zest and season. Stir in the dumplings and serve.
|Calories630Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.