- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken thighs (halved)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (seasoned)
- 2 leeks (trimmed, sliced)
- 4 strips bacon (chopped)
- 7 ounces button mushrooms (halved)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch carrots (trimmed, halved)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (about 2 tsp leaves)
- 10 1/2 ounces potatoes (floury, peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/3 cup butter (chilled, chopped)
- 1/2 cup milk (plus extra, for brushing)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat half the oil on high. Dust chicken pieces in flour, shaking off excess. Brown in 2 batches, 3-4 minutes each. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on medium. Sauté leek and bacon 3-5 minutes, until golden. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Return chicken to pan with wine to deglaze. Stir in stock, carrots and half the rosemary. Bring to a simmer. Cover and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring potatoes to boil in a saucepan of salted water and cook on high 15-20 minutes, until just tender. Cool.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Grate in potato and season to taste. Mix together gently. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Transfer to a floured surface and roll into a 2 inch-thick log. Cut into 12 rounds.
- Arrange dumplings over chicken and brush with extra milk. Top with remaining rosemary. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes until dumplings are puffed and lightly golden.
|Calories1050Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.