Ballotines are a hearty dish that is traditionally served as a boned thigh part of the chicken stuffed with forcemeat and other ingredients. This recipe for Chicken and Foie Gras Ballotines are packed with robust flavors and leave your taste buds satisfied. This recipe combines the heartiness of chicken, foie gras and an onion and honey confit for a flavorful explosion of decadence for your taste buds. This dish does take time to make, so plan accordingly. This could be your next Sunday family dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts
- foie gras
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Flatten the chicken fillets.
- On top of the chicken, spread a layer of onion confit and a few pieces of foie gras.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up tightly in plastic wrap like a candy wrapper.
- Then double the plastic wrap to prevent it from openng while cooking.
- In a saucepan full of simmering water, cook the rolls for 20 minutes.
- Take the ballotines out of the water, let cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice the roll in 1 centimeter pieces and remove the plastic wrap.
- Heat some butter in a pan and brown the slices on both sides. Serve.