- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on, or substitute 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs if you prefer)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried thyme)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (divided)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley leaves (chopped fresh, plus more for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
theresa greenwood 20 days ago
very good, i added corn to mine
Hello 3 Aug
It turned out real good. I mostly used the recipe to thicken the soup and for the biscuits. Everyone liked it.
Amy B. 31 Jul
Family loved it! Will make again for sure!
Liz 9 Apr
Really good. It took a little while to make, so I'll probably make it on a weekend.
Hillary Anne 19 Jan
Excellent. Added 5 cups chicken broth to sub for 10 cups water. Plus peas. First time making chicken and dumplings and it rocked everyone’s socks off! THANK YOU
Jon 25 Dec 2017
My family loves this meal...I have made it 4 times in the last 2 months. Great home cooked meal!
Debbie 27 Sep 2017
Was ok, my husband absolutely loved it. One helpful tip would have been to specify what size Dutch oven the recipe needs for us amateur cooks.
Marie S. 20 Jul 2017
So delicious! I used boneless chicken and chicken broth.
Jenn 23 May 2017
Think I made my dumplings too big but it was delicious
Carolyn Rauffer 12 Mar 2017
Really good. Instead of water I used chicken stock, which made it so much more flavorful. Also, add asiago cheese to the dumplings. Absolutely delicious