- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks (sliced)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 corn kernels (cobs, removed)
- 1 pound chicken breast fillets
- shallots (crispy, to garnish)
- cilantro leaves (fresh, to garnish)
- 1 red chili (deseeded, sliced, to garnish, optional)
- crusty bread (to serve)
- Melt butter in saucepan. Cook leeks for 3 mins, until softened. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add corn and chicken. Simmer for 10 mins, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Purée soup. Shred chicken then return to pan. Season.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with crispy shallots, cilantro and chili, if desired. Serve with crusty bread.