- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces chicken breast halves (filleted to equal thickness)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1 inch onion (medium, cut half and sliced)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 red chilies (fresh, deseeded and minced, dried and re-hydrated can be used as well)
- 1 jalapeno (deseeded and minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 Orange
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (prepared)
- 6 tortillas (large high-fiber, low-fat)
- In a Dutch oven or oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes a side, until chicken is nearly done. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- To the same Dutch oven or skillet, add onion, garlic, chilies, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper. Saute until onion is tender. Add lime and orange juice and broth. Place the chicken on top of the mixture, cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is tender, remove the Dutch oven from the oven and shred the chicken using two forks. Put the Dutch oven over medium-high heat and mix a slurry of corn starch and water. When the chicken mixture boils, add the slurry and stir continuously until thickened. Remove from heat.
- On each tortilla, place 1/6 the chicken mixture and 1/6 the black beans. Top with sour cream, cheese and your favorite pico or salsa.
|Calories500Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.