- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound ham (diced)
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast (diced)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound tagliatelle
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears (trimmed and sliced on a bias)
- 1/4 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh basil (sprigs, to garnish)
- parmesan (shavings, to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the diced ham and sauté for 1 min. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chicken and sear over high heat, turning until browned then add the onion and garlic and sauté gently for 4-5 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is soft. Add the butter and melt. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min then gradually add the stock and simmer gently for 3-4 mins, stirring, until thickened. Return the ham to the pan and season.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding the asparagus 3 mins before the end of the cooking time. Drain and divide between four serving bowls.
- Add the mascarpone and sugar to the chicken and ham sauce and distribute over the pasta. Garnish with basil sprigs and Parmesan shavings.
|Calories640Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Brooks 1 Dec 2017
Not great, odd flavor. I tried to doctor it up, it didn’t help much...