- 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage (chopped)
- 1 cup shallots (finely chopped, or onion)
- 1 green bell pepper (large, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (finely, divided)
- 15 ounces pigeon peas (1 can, drained)
- 2 cups regular or converted rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup queso fresco
- Melt Spread in 6-quart heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook chorizo, shallots and green pepper, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium, then stir in rice and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in water, Pasta Sauce and pigeon peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.