Chicken is the perfect base main ingredient to many dishes. This recipe for Chicken with Milk is a decadent and rich dish that combines chicken with a savory sauce made with cinnamon, garlic, and sage. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you want to dress up your chicken dinner for the family. Be sure to serve the creamy and dreamy dish with your favorite salad and homemade mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- 60 grams butter (not all will be used)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken (farm)
- 600 milliliters milk
- 1/2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves garlic (in their skin)
- sage leaves
- 2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan. Add the chicken and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and pour the fat out of the pan, but do not wash the pan.
- Put the chicken back in the pan. Add the milk, cinnamon, garlic, sage and lemon. Bake for 90 minutes.
- From time to time, baste the chicken with milk. The lemon will curdle the sauce while cooking.
- Serve it with greens and home-made mashed potatoes.