Chicken TortillaO Meu Tempero
Don't be confused by the name of this dish: There are no actual tortillas in it, but instead it is the Spanish style of omelet that is called tortilla and is always a vehicle for potatoes and eggs and often chorizo, the national sausage. Those ingredients are combined with shredded chicken and seasonings and cooked in a skillet like you would a frittata, letting the underside brown before baking to brown the top.
- 300 grams boiling potatoes
- 200 grams cooked chicken
- 1 onions (small)
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1/4 chorizo sausage
- 4 extra large eggs
- 100 milliliters milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Dice potatoes and shred chicken.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet, saute onion and chopped garlic.
- 4Add diced sausage, and fry a little longer.
- 5Add potatoes and mix carefully.
- 6Add chicken.
- 7Whisk eggs, milk, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 8Combine chicken mixture and egg mixture and cook for a few minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- 9Bake in the oven to brown the top or invert tortilla onto a plate and flip back into the pan to brown the top.