®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Chicken Tinga Tacos
Chicken tinga tacos are an easy way to upgrade your weeknight dinner. Minimal chopping and a little bit of simmering in a spicy, smoky sauce delivers a traditional Mexican dish for a casual yet extraordinary meal. Get tips for variations on the recipe in the accompanying article. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ericka Sanchez.
- Add tomatoes, garlic cloves, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, a quarter of the sliced onions, and 1/2 cup water to a blender container. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add remaining onion strips, reduce heat to low, and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Strain the tomato mixture from the blender into the sautéed onions. Stir in 1/2 cup water, oregano, and chicken bouillon. Add more water in 1/4 cup increments if you prefer your mixture with more liquid. Add shredded chicken; stir, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top tortillas with chicken tinga. Garnish with cabbage, cilantro, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories380Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.