- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts (cut into large chunks, see pics)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 26 ounces tomato puree (diced works too)
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash salt (and pepper to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 loaves naan (ready-made)
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 1. Cut chicken breasts into large chunks approx. 2-inches thick and combine with marinade/pre-rub of 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp cumin, and 1/2 salt. This is an optional step and does add to the total cooking time, but doing it will make the chicken itself taste better. Set aside for 20 minutes at room temperature or place in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours. (Spice measurements were not included above to avoid confusion.)
- 2. In large, heavy pot or Dutch oven on medium heat saute the onions and minced garlic in oil until well browned. Add the remaining ingredients (minus the chicken) and stir continuously for about 5~10 minutes.
- 3. Add chicken and cook over medium heat for 25~30 minutes stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through. Near the last 5 minutes, add the yogurt and run to a boil while stirring. If the curry is too thick, some extra may be added according to personal preference. Remove from heat and set to cool a few minutes.
- 4. Plate with warm, sticky rice (basmati and non-sticky rice work well too) and top with curry. Garnish with available cilantro leaves and enjoy.
|Calories510Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.