- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (large, cut into 1-1/2" to 2" pieces, about 1.25kg | 2.75lbs)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee (storebought or homemade)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley plus more for garnish)
|Calories550Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Gary Burns 12 Jan
Absolutely delicious. I do make a few changes though. I cook the chicken in an air fryer, though I don't see why a pan or grill couldn't work. And I add more white pepper and cayenne pepper. The dish needs something to push it over the edge. Make it more.... "more". The cayenne is like the dude at the party that stands awkwardly off in a corner trying to find the fake plant interesting. Then the happy tomatoes come over all drunk and make him do a keg stand. The white pepper is the girl outside smoking by herself. She came with two people, one who forgot about her and left, the other who is drunk and upstairs with some bad decision. Then the onions, who have had a massive crush on her since grade school finally works up the, liquid, courage to say "hi". Point is, they need to be IN the party. Not just an accessory to it.
Aaron Duryee 3 Oct 2018
love this recipe. Will be making many more times
Juan De la H 10 Sep 2018
First time a chicken tikka masala comes out as expected! Thank you sooo much!
Olive 9 Sep 2018
Added just a little tomato paste for more color and a touch more cayenne pepper. A lovely recipe thank you.
Amy 7 Jul 2018
tried so many recipes and this is the best one I have found
Sanjeev Gupta 25 Jun 2018
It was excellent. Great recipe.
Tyreine Harriott 5 Jun 2018
This was absolutely delicious I added a bit more yogurt (as I didn’t have green but only plain)to the sauce after the cream. This tasted so good I was so proud of myself for doing it right I have made it 3x this year!
JacquiHoldway 28 May 2018
Very easy recipe to follow. Turned out perfect. lots of leftovers for tonight too. will make again.
Nora Francis 15 Apr 2018
made this for the men and they liked it. yummy.
darwin flores 27 Jan 2018
Soooo good , my fav tikka masala
Friso Wiggers 11 Jan 2018
Good tasty and the chicken was soft and not too spicy. I added the coconut cream.