- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (large, cut into 1-1/2" to 2" pieces, about 1.25kg | 2.75lbs)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee (storebought or homemade)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley plus more for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Aaron Duryee 3 Oct
love this recipe. Will be making many more times
Juan De la H 10 Sep
First time a chicken tikka masala comes out as expected! Thank you sooo much!
Olive 9 Sep
Added just a little tomato paste for more color and a touch more cayenne pepper. A lovely recipe thank you.
Amy 7 Jul
tried so many recipes and this is the best one I have found
Sanjeev Gupta 25 Jun
It was excellent. Great recipe.
Tyreine Harriott 5 Jun
This was absolutely delicious I added a bit more yogurt (as I didn’t have green but only plain)to the sauce after the cream. This tasted so good I was so proud of myself for doing it right I have made it 3x this year!
JacquiHoldway 28 May
Very easy recipe to follow. Turned out perfect. lots of leftovers for tonight too. will make again.
Nora Francis 15 Apr
made this for the men and they liked it. yummy.
darwin flores 27 Jan
Soooo good , my fav tikka masala
Friso Wiggers 11 Jan
Good tasty and the chicken was soft and not too spicy. I added the coconut cream.