- 1 whole chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Make a marinade with garam masala, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, and yogurt.
- Coat the chicken with the marinade and refrigerate.
- In a stew pot, heat the olive oil, and brown the chicken with salt and pepper. Remove chicken from the pot.
- In the same pot, brown the onion. Add oil as needed.
- Add garlic, ginger, and tomato sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put the chicken back in the pot.
- Cover and simmer slowly, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve on top of basmati rice.