- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 scallion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 package wonton wrappers (square, about 24-30)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Start by cooking your chicken. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil and place the chicken breast on it. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper (top side only). Bake for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through. Let the breast sit for 15 minutes, then cut it into four pieces. Turn off the oven.
- Now, it’s time to start the wontons. Line another baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your KitchenAid® Food Processor, combine the chicken pieces with the teriyaki sauce and chopped scallion. Pulse until you reach a uniform consistency. I typically go for a smooth one, but chunkier is okay too.
- Ready to fill the wontons? Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, place about a teaspoon of filling in the center of the wrapper. Then, using a little water on your clean fingers, moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold diagonally to seal, pressing the edges together. Place the wonton on the baking sheet and continue until all the filling has been used. The wontons can be placed very close together but shouldn’t actually touch.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of all the wontons with oil.
- Now it’s time to bake these wontons to crispy perfection. Slide the baking sheet into the hot oven and bake for 10 minutes. Use tongs to gently flip all the wontons. Bake them for an additional 4-6 minutes, until golden. Let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- These don’t need dipping sauce, since they are so flavorful. But if you want one, combine soy sauce with a little honey, grated fresh ginger and chopped scallions for a tasty compliment to the wontons.
|Calories180Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.