- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 onion (medium size, cut into strips)
- 2 carrots (cut into thin pieces)
- 1 cup edamame
- bell peppers (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (+ 2 tbsp water mixed together)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (optional if available)
- 1.Cut the chicken into thin strips, about 1 or 2-inch pieces. Add soy sauce to the chicken for a short marination; mix well and set aside.
- 2.Cut the vegetables into large bite-sized pieces. Set aside until the sauce is ready and thickened.
- 3.Make batter by mixing the flour, cornstarch, water and beaten egg. Add more flour until a thick consistency is reached. Dip the marinated chicken strips into the batter.
- 4.Bring vegetable oil to medium high heat. Deep fry each of the strips for about 3, 4 min for each batch or until browned and cooked through. When finished, place on paper towel-lined dish to remove excess oil. Once the first round of frying is done, heat the oil and re-fry the batch for the 2nd time to make it really crispy (optional).
- 5.To make the sauce bring the following ingredients in a saucepan: one cup of water along 3 tbsp vinegar, 3 tbsp sugar, and 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Bring to a rapid boil and then add the mixture of cornstarch and water. Add desired vegetables and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- 6.On a large plate, add the fried chicken strips, then pour over the sauce/vegetable mixture and serve while warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.