If you want the flavors and look of a fine dinning restaurant, but can’t afford the tab, then try this Chicken Tajine with Dried Apricots and Pineapple. This rich, hearty, healthy, and savory dish is perfect for a summer day. These fresh ingredients blend well to create a creamy and flavorful dish that everyone will love. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can enjoy this blissful dish this weekend.
- 1 chicken
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup pineapple (canned)
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- salt (to taste)
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Soak the dried apricots in water for about 30 minutes until they swell, then drain.
- Slice the onions and chop the garlic.
- In a hot pan, sear the chicken pieces with oil and brown the onions.
- Place all the ingredients in the tajine including the pineapple juice from the can.
- Cover the tajine and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with spicy semolina.