Chicken Tagine with Spicy LemonLolibox
- 1 chicken
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 80 grams olives
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 lemon (candied, zest)
- cilantro (chopped)
- 1Cut the chicken into pieces
- 2Peel and slice garlic and onions.
- 3In a dutch oven, heat the oil and saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- 4Place the chicken on the bed of onions.
- 5Add garlic, turmeric, ginger, salt and pepper, and cover with water.
- 6Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- 7Add the olives, cumin, lemon juice, and candied lemon zest (cut into thin slices).
- 8Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Once the chicken is tender, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- 10Simmer for a few minutes on low heat.