Nantais Cake is a traditional and decadent cake that comes from France and is so flavorful and moist, you will crave it after it is gone. The best part of this dense and delicious cake is topped with a frosting that is packed with dark rum for a hearty flavor. If you want a cake that will call to you in the middle of the night because it is so good, then this is the one to try. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- water (30 cl.)
- 150 grams prunes (organic)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 grams sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Section the chicken.
- Peel the garlic and onions and cut them into thin strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken pieces. Remove them and put them in a dutch oven.
- Brown the onions and garlic and add them to the dutch oven.
- Add the turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and water to the dutch oven and simmer everything over low heat.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, take a ladle or two of the tagine sauce and pour it into a saucepan. Add the prunes and honey and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Toast the almonds in a hot skillet.
- To serve, place a piece of chicken on a plate and top it with a few prunes, some almonds, and some sesame seeds.