Chicken Tagine with Onions, Honey, and SaffronLolibox
If you want the flavors and look of a fine dinning restaurant, but can’t afford the tab, then try this Chicken Tagine with Onions, Honey, and Saffron. This rich, hearty, healthy, and savory dish is perfect for a summer day. These fresh ingredients blend well to create a creamy and flavorful dish that everyone will love. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can enjoy this blissful dish this weekend.
- 1 chicken
- 5 onions
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- saffron (pistils)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Cut the chicken in pieces
- 2Peel and chop the onions.
- 3Season the chicken pieces with salt on all sides.
- 4In a pan, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken.
- 5Remove the chicken from the skillet and brown the onions.
- 6If you do not have a tagine, you can use a casserole on low heat.
- 7Put the chicken pieces and the onions in the tajine.
- 8Add the cinnamon, ginger, honey, sugar, and pepper
- 9Cover with water.
- 10Cover the tajine and and place the saffron on the tajine lid.
- 11Simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- 12When the tajine is almost done, add the saffron pistils.